Saturday, February 18, 2012

Changes

I'm told that the only constant thing in the universe is change.
Now I tend to be a creature of habit.  I like things to be consistent.
I'm not usually a big fan of change.

I remember worrying about whether I would like the latest album by my favorite group.
I didn't want the sound to change.  And I remember how I would feel relieved when the sound may have been different, but it was still something that I liked.  And then I would worry about the sound of
the next album.

But instead of worrying, I should have thought of it as a new opportunity.  A new door opening
to something which, while unknown could be a path to grow and gain new experiences.
Now there are plenty of changes that happen in our lives which are much more significant than
what our favorite group's next album sound might be.

Maybe the ownership of our company changes.  Perhaps we get a new boss.  We see the end of one
relationship and the start of a new one.

It's not always easy to look at change as being a good thing.  But often there's opportunity
available if we open ourselves up to the possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Totally love this and 1000% co-sign!! I welcome change because I always felt that change could be good. I think it's up to you and what you make of the situation. As you stated, change can be very hard for some, but once they make that change they often wonder why they took so long to take that step! ;)

    ReplyDelete