Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Do It Afraid

I have a confession to make.
I've lived most of my life afraid.

Afraid to succeed, afraid to fail.  Afraid to be laughed at, afraid of rejection.  Afraid the bills
won't get paid.  Afraid I'll lose my job.

Now, you might say "that's no big deal", we're all afraid of something.  And that's probably true.

But the real issue is how you deal with the fear.  Sometimes if we're afraid to fail and afraid to
succeed we live our lives unfulfilled, or maybe just become critics of others efforts.

I'm pretty sure that I've been there.  It's very easy to critique someone else's effort while never stepping to the forefront with your own.  But it's not really about the critiquing.  It's about not living your life to its fullest because of fear.  And maybe that critique comes from the envy of others actually doing what we only dare dream to do.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I'm not suggesting that you fly out to Vegas and put the Rent money down on 23 Red.  But don't let fear hold you back from something that you think is important to you.  Don't be afraid to make positive changes because you're not sure how they will turn out. 

There's very little that we might actually do, if we're always afraid of worst case scenarios.
So get out there and stake your claim, pursue your dreams, and do your thang!

And while you're at it, give me a visit at www.leemanuel05.com

1 comment:

  1. I can really relate to all these observations. I'm not so good at going outside of my "comfort zone".

    When I'm high in anxiety about actual or anticipated "pain" (fear etc), I offer myself the trusted adage in yoga..."Find a shred of comfort in your discomfort". Just keep climbing that hill... trying to find a shred of comfort in your discomfort. But yeah, it's hard. And my instinct is to run away at the edge of discomfort. Feel the fear, and do it anyway, right?? I will keep reminding myself.

    ReplyDelete