Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Leemanuel's Book Club

Heyas!

OK, I don't have a book club.  I, mean it's not like I'm Oprah or anything.
But I've just ordered two new books today, and I'm very much looking forward to reading them.

I had been planning to pick up Glenn Greenwald's new book "And Justice For Some", when I happened to check out his blog today and he recommended the new book by Michael Hastings "The Operators: "

I've read a few excerpts on Glenn's book and it's a look at our system of justice here in the good ole USA.  Essentially how we have a two tiered justice system.  A set of laws for the Elite and a set of laws for the rest of us.  While there may not actually be two sets of laws they are certainly applied using different standards.

That's how a Richard Nixon gets a pardon and you or I would still be doing time for our offenses.  Michael Hastings is the Journalist who's interview with Gen. McChrystal caused an uproar.  His book as the subtitle indicates is on Afghanistan "The Wild and Terrifying inside Story of America's War in Afghanistan".

I don't know much about Mr. Hastings, but he appears to be that rarest of rare breeds these days:  A Journalist willing to risk his career in order to bring the truth to his readers.

There's probably a song or two in those books waiting for me to figure out how to write it, or maybe the Radio In My Head will start playing and do my work for me.

Anyway, like I said before, I'm not Oprah, but I can't wait to read these two books, and maybe you should give them a look too.

Stay Peaceful & Positive

and by the way - give a look at my new website: www.leemanuel05.com
Socially conscious, smoothed out R&B vibe, with Rock undertones, and a Pop feel appeal to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment