Friday, January 4, 2013

Six Over 1 - 7: The debut Album from Leemanuel

Wow! It's been a long time since I've talked to you here.  My apologies for the extended absence.

So, what have I been up to?  Why, thanks for asking!  I'm part of a creative team called Inception.  And one of the things that we did recently was help with producing a documentary about the Latino community in Milwaukee.

A lot of behind the camera work and editing.  It was a lot of fun.  But it also consumed a lot of time.  At the same time that all of this was going on, I was still putting together the debut album and trying not to be a derelict Dad and Husband.  And yes, I do have a DAY JOB, so my time has been stretched.

So my debut Album is titled "Six Over 1-7" and a few people have asked me "What's up with the name?"

Well, here's the story:  Back in the day, one of my best friends introduced me to the Dog Track.  Now I didn't know anything about Dogs and betting, but I figured, what the heck, let's go check it out.  After a few visits of watching, I thought I was ready to make my own pick of a race.  The bet I made was for what's called a Quinella Wheel.  You have to pick the 1st place Dog and the 2nd and 3rd place dogs, but the 2nd and 3rd place can cross the finish line in any order.  Now we weren't "high rollers" or anything - so we tried to keep the bets to a minimum and would bail out before the losses would mount too high.  So the Quinella Wheel was a $2 bet back then.

All of my picks were complete long shots.  In fact, when I told my friend what I wanted to bet and asked him to place it, he looked at me like I was unhinged and tried to talk me out of it.
By the time the race had started, he had not yet returned to our table, and I was looking around for him, because from the start the #6 Dog shot of the gate with the lead.  The 1, and 7 were in the pack, but it was still early.

As the race progressed all three of my picks were out front, but my friend still had not returned.  At the halfway point, he arrived at our table, and I'm asking "Did you place the bet!"  He told me he almost didn't, and I told him to take a look at the track, because my picks were leading!

When the race ended, the #6 was in first place, and I honestly don't remember the order of the 1 and the 7 dogs, but my long shot bet had come in.  Over the years this became a running joke for us, and I told him that if I ever did an album, that Six Over 1-7 would be the title.

This time, I'm the long shot.  I don't have a million dollar advertising and marketing campaign in order to convince people that I'm worth their time.  All I have are some songs that I think are great, and hopefully the word of mouth and support from you to make my debut a success.

Six Over 1-7 will be released on January 18th as both a digital download and physical CD.  You'll be able to find it at Apple iTunes, Amazon MP3, Google Music Store and many others.  But you can listen to it right now over at SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/leemanuelsmusic/sets/six-over-1-7

Stay Positive and Peaceful!

Be sure to visit me!
http://www.leemanuelsmusic.com/
http://www.facebook.com/LeemanuelsMusic?
https://twitter.com/LeemanuelsMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment